Memorial Day Weekend

This past Memorial Day weekend was pretty entertaining. First I picked up my wife’s friend from the airport and went off to the Sawgrass Mall for some shopping which lasted for about five hours. We also had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory which was pretty awesome. That evening we decided to go to a comedy club at the Hard Rock in Hollywood. The comedians that they had were pretty good. I liked the second act the best, the main act was one of the finalists from Last Comic Standing although I don’t know what season he was from. He was doing just fine until someone made fun of him and then he decided to stand and try and make a view point which just killed the mood at the club. He tried to end it on a good note but eh, it was kinda half hearted. No matter, I’m sure he’ll learn from the experience and I had a good time regardless anyway for most of the night.

Sunday was a day at the in-laws. There was a lot of food there and we all spent most of our time in the pool getting all prune-y. I think I spent at least 3-4 hours in the pool with everyone playing pseudo volleyball. I was in the deep end with the guys so it was harder to jump up and score points. It’s not like we were keeping score anyway, it was just a lot of fun just to play. Truth be told I forget what happened Sunday night *shrug* I guess its not important really hahaha!

Monday was a good day because it was pretty nice and we spent most of the day at the beach in Ft. Lauderdale. I think this is really the first time that I’ve been to Ft. Lauderdale beach and if I went there before, I certainly can’t remember it. The waves crashing on the beach were pretty strong but we all went in anyway. I had no luck with the umbrella though no matter how many times I tried to stake that sucker into the ground, the wind just kept on blowing it over so I gave up on it. My wife’s friend got burned pretty good so we had to get her some lotion so the burn wouldn’t hurt too much. She had some bad luck on the way home too, her flight was delayed till after midnight so instead of having her take that flight, I drove out to the airport to get her so she could at least get some sleep at our place. I brought her with me to the airport this morning and I get to the airport pretty early but she was on the 7am flight so she didn’t have to wait that long. All in all, it was a good Memorial Day weekend.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s